Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

Default Marshall Engine Lathe?

Does it look like the one pictured in this book?

http://homepage.mac.com/workingtools.../eb5155/bb.jpg
- -
Rex Burkheimer

Mr. E wrote:
Hi all-

I've been shopping around for a decent hobby-sized lathe, and came
across a Marshall engine lathe for what looks to be a good deal (less
than $500). Several 3 and 4 jaw chucks, a small box of tooling, etc.
come with the thing. The guy selling it says its a 1950's era machine,
and it looks good by sopme pictures he sent me, but after doing some
research, I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere. There aren't
any web pages on this brand, apparently, and even eBay has no
accessories or anything on it for sale, unlike every other brand of
lathe under the sun. I'm going to head out and look at the thing
probably tomarrow, but wonder if its worth the price.

Has anyone ever heard of this brand, and if so, are they (barring any
rough treatment) decent quality and worth the investment?

Thanks-

-Mr. E