Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

Default OT - Winger with gun

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:34:49 GMT, "David Moffitt"
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 01:30:04 GMT, "J. Francis" wrote:

Cliff wrote:

1. When his 38-caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim
during a hold-up in Long Beach, California,

returned with his vehicle to find a woman had taken
the space. Understandably, he shot her.

6. A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the
counter, and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer,
the man pulled a gun

9. The Ann Arbor News crime column reported that a man walked into a
Burger King in Ypsilanti, Michigan, at 5 a.m., flashed a gun,

See the common theme? Crook uses firearm in the commission of a crime
and... unarmed victims get shot.

*sigh*

What a resounding testimony to the fact that gun control is a miserable
failure,

Too many people got guns?

and the truth about victims having a much higher chance of
surviving an encounter with a violent aggressor if they themselves are
armed.

Which is why store clerks & bank tellers are so heavily armed, right?

%%%% Hummmm----

Hawthorne, California

From Los Angeles' CBS2.com of April 21, 2006
Clerk Kills Gunman, Wounds Teen During Robbery

A liquor store clerk in Hawthorne fatally shot an armed thief and
accidentally wounded a 15-year-old girl during an attempted robbery on
Thursday night.

The shooting occurred around 7:30 p.m. at a liquor store in the 13300
block of Prairie Avenue, between El Segundo Boulevard and 133rd Street, said
Deputy Oscar Butao of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

The clerk shot at an armed gunman and his accomplice as they tried to rob
the store. The gunman, who never fired, according to Butao, died at the
scene.

Fort Wayne, Indiana

From the Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette of April 19, 2006
Employee thwarts robbery attempt

Worker shows gun; suspect takes off

An armed man tried to rob a south-side pizza restaurant Monday night but
left without any money after an employee displayed his own gun.

Fort Wayne police were called to Tasty Pizza, 4302 Fairfield Ave., at
10:47 p.m. for a report of the attempted heist.

A Tasty Pizza employee told police that a man came in and asked for a
menu. He then left the restaurant but came back inside. The man laid a black
gun that looked like a BB gun on the counter pointing the barrel toward the
employee and demanded money, a police report said.

The employee then lifted his shirt to reveal a Colt .45 in its holster
and told the robbery suspect to leave, the report said.

The man left and walked to a nearby alley where he got on the back of a
moped. A witness said another person was driving the moped, the report said.

The man was described as black, between 17 and 19 years old, about
5-foot-10, with a thin build.

He was wearing black pants, a black hooded sweatshirt, a black skull cap
and a camouflage T-shirt, the report said.

Newton, Mississippi

From Meridian's WTOK.com of April 14, 2006
Newton Police Probe Robbery, Shooting

Newton police say they are close to filing charges in the case of a
robbery "gone bad."

Around 4:00 p.m. on Thursday at Joe's Tire Shop in Newton, investigators
say two teens entered the store with a pistol, demanding money.

"He came in and raised the firearm up at the victim. At that time a
struggle ensued," said Lt. Brian Kelly of the Newton Police Department. "The
suspect then attempted to leave, and when he turned around he raised the
handgun up at him and the suspect was shot at that time."

Investigators say the gunman was shot with a hidden shotgun that the
clerk had managed to get. After the shot was fired, police say the
15-year-old suspect and his 18-year-old accomplice fled through a wooded
area to some nearby apartments where they were later apprehended.

Both suspects are said to be storm evacuees from New Orleans. Officers
say the gunman's injury to the arm was not life threatening.

Formal charges have not been filed, but both suspects are still being
questioned by police.

Anniston, Alabama

From Birmingham's WIAT.com of April 13, 2006
Anniston Business Robbery

An Anniston business owner is in the clear after shooting a robbery
suspect in self-defense. The robbers attempted to shakedown a pawnshop. Now,
three are in jail and one's got a gunshot wound to remember it by.

The owner of the 202 Pawn Shop says four people charged in the attempted
robbery worked as a team, trying to distract him while one stole some
jewelry and ran out. Investigators say the bandits jumped into a car. The
store owner, who didn't want to give his name, ran after them armed with a
pistol and ready for action.

"He pulled up like he was gonna run over me and at that point I pulled
down on him," said the owner.

One jumped out and ran into a dead-end alley behind the building.

"He couldn't get out so it was between me and him, you know, hit brick
wall or me, and he tried to come through me and when he did that's when he
pushed me back like, that's when I fired, pistol went off and evidently shot
him in the foot," said the owner.

By that time, deputies had arrived along with paramedics.

Calhoun County Sheriff Larry Amerson said, "He was carried to the
hospital, they did some minor surgery to remove the bullet from the
foot.that has now been recovered and will be used as evidence."
Amerson says Alabama law already covers such a situation.

"That man had a right to use his weapon in self-protection and he did so
and from everything we can see he faces no legal liability for that," said
Amerson.

One of the four people involved in the incident has already made her
$500 bond on a lesser offense. The remaining three are all still in jail on
$75,000 bond.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

From the Murfreesboro Daily News Journal of April 12, 2006
J.D.'s Market owner shoots robbery suspect

Convenience store owner Karim Barakat feared for his life when an armed
robber demanded money and cocked his handgun about 7:45 p.m. Tuesday at
J.D.'s Market in downtown Murfreesboro, a police spokesman said.

Instead of giving up any money, Barakat reached for his own handgun and
shot suspected robber Edward Christopher Evans, 24, in the arm, said
Murfreesboro Police Lt. Alvin Baird.

Evans, who is expected to be charged in connection with the robbery, was
treated at Middle Tennessee Medical Center's emergency room.

Barakat's wife and daughter were inside the Maney Avenue store at the
corner of Vine Street during the robbery and shooting. They were not
injured.

Houston, Texas

From the Click2Houston.com of April 11, 2006
Pawn Shop Owner Opens Fire On 3 Armed Robbers

Shootout Caught On Tape

The owner of a southwest Houston pawnshop opened fire on three armed men
who tried to rob his business and the shootout was caught on tape, KPRC
Local 2 reported Tuesday.

Gunmen entered the A Plus Pawn Shop, in the 11200 block of South
Wilcrest, on March 28, and started shooting, according to witnesses.

"I grabbed the first gun I could find and started firing," owner Steve
Smith said. "They planned on taking us out, I think. That's the way I
figured because they never said a word."

Witnesses said the gun battle sounded like fireworks.

"It looked like a scene from a movie at first. It was like, this cannot
be happening," a witness said.

A female employee was shot in the chest and survived.

The shootout was caught on tape by the store's new surveillance video
system.

"I really would like to get them off the street because it's going to
happen to somebody else," Smith said.

With 20 years in the business, Smith said he has never come face-to-face
with gunfire.

"I'm kind of afraid to leave here sometimes because I'm afraid
something's going to happen, like they may come back after me," he said.

Phoenix, Arizona

From April 7, 2006 KTVK channel 3:
A man drove his friend to a bank Friday morning but ended up being an
unwilling accomplice in a robbery.

It happened at Compass Bank near 35th Avenue and Thomas Road where a man
using an ATM was confronted by a man with a gun.

It turns out the suspect got more than he bargained for. He's in a
Valley hospital after the customer he robbed grabbed his own gun and shot
the man.

Pat Claussen, a witness, says she was in line to use the ATM when the
armed robber made his move.

"He grabbed the kid around the waist and put his hand in his back pocket
then grabbed his billfold," Claussen said.

But the suspect didn't get far. That's because the customer reached into
his own truck, grabbed a gun and started firing.

The suspect took a bullet in the leg then hopped into this getaway car.

But during the commotion, the panicked driver ended up smashing into an
electrical box.

"I was sitting over there and all of a sudden bam, bam, bam," said Scott
Young, who witnessed the shooting.

Young, a construction worker, watched in disbelief as the wounded
suspect attempted to flee on foot.

"I heard at least eight shots," he said.

A short while later, police nabbed the suspect and he was taken to St.
Joseph's Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Officers questioned his accomplice in the back of a police car but
eventually released him.

"I'm ****ed off," said the suspected accomplice, Frank Canez.

Canez owns the car, now riddled with bullet holes, that the suspect
attempted to get away in.

Canez says he knew nothing about the suspect's plan to rob someone at
the ATM. He says the suspect is an acquaintance who promised him gas money
for driving him to the bank.

"Next thing I know, he comes running to the car like this, like he had a
gun, and tells me to go and they just start shooting each other," he said.

Roselawn, Ohio

From ChannelCincinnati.com of April 4, 2006
Store Owner Shoots Would-Be Robber

Man With Leg Wound Goes To Hospital

A Roselawn store owner turned the tables on a would-be robber late
Monday night.

Cincinnati police said the owner of the Shop-Rite on Reading Road told
them a man walked into the store shortly after 9:30 p.m. and attempted to
rob him.

The owner said he pulled out a gun and shot at the robber. He told
officers that he thought he hit the man in the leg.

Just before 11 p.m., a man came to the emergency room at University
Hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg. Officers responded to the hospital
and determined that the victim may be the robbery

The shooting is still under investigation.
------------------------------

%%%% Need some more proof?

Thanks Cliff. Seriously. I know it was unintended, but your failure to
think through what you were posting is appreciated none the less. :-)

You think a firefight would have helped?
Stuff is funny that is rare.
This was about more stupid armed wingers.
BTW, Where did they get the guns? Steal them from someone
else with an NRA sticker on their door?
--
Cliff

Two guys shot in the leg, one in the foot and one that fled after
being shot with a shotgun? Seems like those who would have guns
for defense would be more skilled with them.