Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Low Voltage Lighting transformer problem

fred wrote:

So, replacing the transformers with 35kHz models and splitting the load
into 2 T/E (or similar) feeds should reduce the inductive drop to 0.75V. That
drop is at 90deg phase and lossless so the lamps should actually close to
12V.

As and aside, I'm a bit taken aback that this is an issue at all as this can't
be an uncommon situation and this is the first word of it I've ever seen on
the group, there's always a first time I suppose.

This may be horribly simplistic, but as these are 12V Halogens, would a
possible approach simply be to rectify the current, so instead of
125kHz AC, it becomes DC? Or have I missed the point somewhere?

Sid