geoff

Default Top vs Bottom posting

In message , Suz
writes
At the top, at the top, at the top...

"Julian Fowler" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 16:53:57 +0100, "Arg"
too_much_sp@m_so_email_disabled. wrote:

I''m with you. I like top posters as it makes it faster to read and
therefore more likely to comment on the return posting.

... except, of course, that this not only makes it impossible to
follow a series of responses and to place responses in the context of
previous comments, it also disregards the various standards and
conventions that apply to Usenet.

Not if you are expecting it to be the other way round. Loads of mails
between my girlfriends and I last for weeks, all replies top written
obviously, and it is much easier than having to scroll through stuff read
before.

Top posting is OK between consenting adults in the privacy of their own
homes.

Of course, if you say something, she replies, you reply etc, you already
know what's gone before
--
geoff