Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Jointing drylined plasterboard ceiling

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:03:25 +0100, "Ken"
wrote:

The best board to use if you are not going to skim the whole ceiling is the
taper edge stuff. You get a good finish with the scrim and filler. With flat
edge board, you have to be really good not to show a hump at the joints.

ken

I will probably have a short join where the ends of two pieces butt together .

Is it likely to be more successful if I taper the edges at that join...maybe use
a small plane or somesuch ..it'll be a join of about 12-14"

Stuart