Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie Bress

Default Help - Toilet Jet has Wirenut in it

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Cafukahn wrote:
RayV wrote:
Try grabbing the end of it when flushing with a pair of pliers then
squeeze like hell to break it. Those nuts are tough, but the can be
cracked.

Thanks, but it is hard to get pliers in there, the nut doesn't
portrude to just grab it at the end and crack it. I would have to get
a grip through the jet hole...

The nut fits so nicely, it is almost like it is designed to cork it
that way! I'm suspecting somebody was settling a score.

What would be my chances of taking the toilet out, removing tank,
shaking the nut out?

Is there an acid or something like that that would disolve the nut but
not the toilet?

It's plastic - it should dissolve in something! Get another nut. Test
various solvents: Gasoline, Acetone, paint thinner, etc.

Be careful that any solvent doesn't dissolve a plastic waste pipe.
I did that a long time ago. I was cleaning paint brushes in a set tub and
did not flush adequately. The trap melted.

Charlie