Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

Default washer and dryers

stevie wrote:
I am considering getting a new clothes washer and dryer and I'm looking at
the front loaders for the energy savings. When I purchase, I'll probably
get the extended warranty to 5 years.

I have looked at various brands. At this point, the Bosch washer/dryer from
Lowes seems to be the best price. The Lowes 5 year warranty (actually 4
years added on) is $140.

I kind of ruled out Maytag Neptune because of reliability; also understand
there was a class action lawsuit against the Neptunes.

Sears Kenmore might be OK, but 5 year warranty costs are pretty high.
Kenmore reliability seems to be good.

For some reason, I haven't seen too many Whirlpool front loaders. I wasn't
sure about the LG brand; Home Depot sells them. I don't know how reliable
LG is. The Sears salesman said that GE washers/dryers are made by LG.

Does anyone have experience with the Bosch brand? The Bosch front load
washer and dryer at Lowes both had stainless steel drums. I have noticed
that most front load washers have stainless drums, but not all dryers.

Is it really worth the extra costs associated with front load washers? In
about a year, our household will just be my wife and I, so I'm not sure we
really need a front load washer. Maybe a conventional top loader will do
for us.

Thanks for any replies and/or opinions.

Hi,

These may help...