Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics
GregS

Default Is my LT44 transformer suitable for audio (de)coupling?

In article , "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Andy" wrote in message

I want to use an audio transformer to see if it helps to
reduce the ffect of an earth loop.

Go straight to Radio Shack and get their "Ground Isolator".

I've tested them on the bench, and they aren't all that bad.

I in the past have been using their 600 ohm 1:1 transformer
to make such a device, with much success. I still want
to measure it. Buying two transformers, a box, and wiring,
is much more complicated than purchashing this premade "Ground Isolator"
I do have reservations of having the unit attenuate the signal
voltage.

greg