Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Circular Saw on the lathe

On 25 Apr 2006 11:04:57 -0700, "Moshe Eshel" wrote:

We do agree :-)

About the olive, there is some progress...

I turned a nice (I think) goblet from a branch (the one that has its
own picture in my website). The problem was that I should have known
better - even in branch form there was a line that promised to become a
nasty crack (structural crack, not drying) - very disturbing.........
The smell it gave while turning WAS amazing.

This weekend hopefuly, I will meet with my teacher (woodturning
teacher) and he will help me to turn the logs into all kinds of blanks
- whatever we can harvest. Also some Pomelo will get the same treatment
and some peach and apricot that I recently got. I'll try to get some
pictures of the process to share.

Moshe

Peach & apricot are fun, aromatic woods that turn well and look great.... and
crack for the fun of it...

Expect to use a lot of CA and use the cracks as accents to the wood, not
defects, and you'll have more fun..

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis