Posted to rec.woodworking
jimbo

Default Installing 10' ceiling . . ..

Steve:

First, let me say thanks for using our screws! (Whether you call them Square Drive, Robertson, or ScruLox - as they were called by the original inventor's company in Canada until several years ago!)
You may wish to rethink your ceiling from a safety stadpoint. Putting wood on the wall and ceiling of a shop sounds like a great idea at first, but it creates a tinderbox from a fire safety standpoint. A better approach is to install drywall for the ceiling, then panel over it with the luan. I will be doing that very thing in my own new shop very soon (but first I need to make a set of kitchen cabinets).

HTH,
Jim Ray, President
McFeely's Square Drive Screws
www.mcfeelys.com

"Steve DeMars" wrote in message news:Aqa3g.28208$_z2.14208@dukeread02...
Need some suggestions . . . Shop size 20' X 22' with 10' ceiling height.
Need suggestions how to get 1/2" Luan up there by myself . . .

All my walls are 1/2" Luan . . Attached with 1-1/4" McFeely square drive
screws . . . Plan to use 2" on the ceiling . . .

Getting help or hiring help is not an option . . . Everyone in this area
that can swing a hammer is working on new construction or rebuilding New
Orleans . . .

Thanks in advance,
Steve