Posted to rec.woodworking
George

Default A Woodburning Stove

"Pop" wrote in message
news:Ynp3g.2113$7c.1882@trndny01...

That makes a lot of sense. Next, when I had mine, I used an old forced
air furnace fan to distribute the heat more evenly. In my case I had a
nice flat stove top to set it on, but that means you must never forget to
turn it on or you might melt it! A large lovered grill in front of the
fan does a good job of dispersing the air in a wide pattern (think I used
one from an old space heater), and builds the back-pressure the fan needs
to work efficiently. ymmv of course as they create a little air movement
noise also.

Get one of the heat recovery units that fit in the pipe and turn on
thermostatically.