Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tektronix 485: How to get to vertical attenuator?

Thanks, I got the module off. Now to a new question:

It seems the 5k pot is stuck somehow. I removed the big shaft and the
shaft/pot connector and it turns out it is the pot that is not turning.
Well, it turns but it is *very* hard to do it. First, what would be the
reason for such a behavior? I never had a potentiometer doing that.

Also, is there anything special about this potentiometer, or is it just
an old 5k carbon film linear potentiometer? I know that the volts/div
switch is all full of special things about it and is irreplaceable. I
just want to be sure that's not the case with that pot (the schematic
seems to point to a normal potentiometer).

Best,

- Cesar