Default The Dubya's Steel tariffs declaired illegal

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:22:08 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Jimbo" . wrote in message
US softwood lumber tariffs against Canada where also found unsuppotable by
the WTO last month. However the US government was given another 100 days
to spice up their claims and try and prove Canadian softwood lumber

inports
into the USA where actually damaging the domestic producers.

I doubt Bush will overturn the tariffs no matter what the WTO says so the
American consumers looses and Canadian's loose jobs.

There are supposed to be free trade negotiations between Oz & the
US. No way can we get a fair deal when all your farmers are
subsidised by the billions of dollars. Our farmers receive no
production subsidies - unless you count minuscule drought relief aid,
subject to strict conditions, when they are on the bones of their
arse, with no income, a subsidy. We are only permitted to send so
much beef, lamb etc and when the limit is reached, no more and so you
have to pay more in the shops.

2003 Trade figures to September are roughly 2: 1 in US favour
Exports to Oz $9,794.6 million Imports from Oz $4,726.6 million
Balance in US favour $5,068.0 million and if you examine the
figures for the last 19 years they are all similar, we buy about twice
as much as we sell, plus of course profits sent back by US owned
companies.

If you are in the market for a new car, please buy a Pontiac GTO,
a rebadged Holden Monaro, still a GM product but designed & built
tough in Oz, where we have harsh conditions for cars.

Alan
in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz, South 32.25.42, East 115.45.44 GMT+8
VK6 YAB ICQ 6581610 to reply, change oz to au in address