Posted to alt.home.repair
Grumman-581

Default Tiling a concrete floor (basement)

wrote in message
oups.com...
My bathroom in the basement is currently covered with vinyl tiles
(really old). I like to replace them with ceramic tiles. I think it's
going to be really uneven once I remove the vinyl tiles. Can I use a
floor leveler (Maybe one sold at Home Depot) on concrete to level it
out? Any suggestion? Also, to lay down the tiles what kind of tile
adhesive would you recommend.

On a concrete floor, I like to go with thinset... You might need one of the
air powered scrapers to remove the existing tiles and glue... Start with a
good surface and your tiles will last a very long time... Buy a box or two
extra tiles in case you ever drop something on the tile and knock a chip out
of it... Use a standard color grout so that you can get a matching
replacement at a later date in case you ever need to replace a tile...