Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick

Default Safety first

Dave wrote:

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 23:39:49 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote:

Nick wrote:

When welding the petrol tank underneath your vehicle, make sure
you put a chock under a wheel so it doesn't turn
http://tinypic.com/whli80.jpg

Braindead on two counts wood props and welding the bleeding tank in situ.

Well as you say the wood prop are a dead giveaway groan. However welding a
petrol tank (in situ or not) is a dodgy task. AFAIK it's even more dangerous
when the tank is empty - as it's the petrol vapour that's explosive. I think the
tank should be filled with water - again afaik. Amazing pic anyway.

I'd also be worried about a passing car knocking away that big
prop. And was he using an RCD on that cable?

Talking of which, I prefer using a cordless drill when drilling
in wet conditions. What do you think?

http://tinypic.com/why5j7.jpg

It's good that he is wearing eye protection