Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Default laying laminate flooring

ron wrote:
Hi I have decided to put laminate flooring in my bathroom and have
discovered that I can get away without any joints as the boards are
1400mm approx and my bathroom is 1240mm wide plus the width of the
bath. So I will put them partly under the bath and the bath panel
will cover the edges. However I have been told that the boards should
be laid so that they run from the door to the window (the longest
length) not across the room.

It doesn't realy matter which way they go in a bathroom.

Does it matter that the boards will all be the same i.e. no
overlapping joins or should I cut every second board in half and lay
them that way? The bathroom floor area is 1720 by 1240.

You will need to stagger the joins to give the floor enough stability.
Personally I hate laying laminate in bathrooms due to the frequent cutting
around pipes, WC's & basins. I reckon it's quicker to remove the WC & basin
pedastal, laminate floor under them & replace. Certainly gives abetter job.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman