Posted to uk.d-i-y
VisionSet

Default Skirting Board

"Tricia" wrote in message
news
Hi I want to replace my painted skirting board with a varnished skirting
board. What should I use to stain the wood so that it looks like it is
hardwood as I have a quantity of softwood skirting that I could use but it
looks too light in colour if I just varnish it?
Thanks Tricia

Sorry not answering really your question, but...

You can't make it look like hardwood.

Be aware that any irregularity in the wall, that would normally be filled
with caulk when painting, can't be. Only a perfect wall will result in a
great result. You can of course match the filler colour to the wood, but it
is obviously a lot harder and never perfect.

--
Mike W