Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,sci.electronics.components,uk.d-i-y
Paul G

Default Greatest markup ever?

In message , Helen Deborah
Vecht writes
Guy King typed

The message
from Paul G contains these words:

You can recycle batteries at Ikea - don't drive there though to
specifically just to recycle the batteries as I suspect that will
outweigh any advantages. Given that there are very limited places to
recycle batteries it does make a mockery of warnings on batteries not to
depose of them in a bin and on local council literature saying the same
thing (where they do not provide any readily accessible facilities).

IIRC some councils do provide for battery recycling from their doorstep
collections.

Brent, my London Borough, does.

Ah. I should have specified my borough, as it's definitely a guilty to
the above. Glad to hear that other boroughs do have their act together.

--
Paul G
Typing from Barking