Posted to alt.home.repair
Sam Alexander

Default Putting tile over formica counter tops

Hello all,

Me and my wife would like to remodel our kitchen some day, but it's like 5
years off In the mean time, we want to do whatever can (on a budget of
course) to update our kitchen. It has green formica counter tops and
backsplash, and I was wondering if it would be possible to put tile over
this.

In visiting a friend's new home this weekend I noticed her counter and
backsplash were tile, but on the front it had a piece of wood trip covering
the edge of the counter. If I installed tile on the counter and did the
same, it would totally cover the formica.

Anyone done this or seen this done before? I know the counters will need
to be sanded and washed real good for anything to stick, but anything I
need to put down before? Maybe a primer or something? I've worked with
tile before, but never on counters.

Thanks for any suggestions or ideas...

Sam

---
Sam Alexander - sam.alexander(at)sidebandbbs(dot)com
icq: 5386757 [] AIM/Y!: samalex1701 [] Skype: samalex01
"Data is not information, Information is not knowledge, Knowledge is not
understanding, Understanding is not wisdom." -- Cliff Stoll

--- Synchronet 3.13b-Linux NewsLink 1.84
--[SideBand BBS - telnet://sidebandbbs.com]--