Posted to alt.home.repair
Keith Williams

Default looking for high end hardwood

In article jHy2g.3816$9c6.2710@dukeread11,
says...
I'd like to replace carpeting with hardwood in most of my downstairs. I
have never been one to try and go cheap, especially with my home. I believe
you get what you pay for. I don't like to throw money away, but I am not in
the market for $2.99 hardwood.
I have found two hardwood manufacturers that look like they have good
products.
One is Columbia and the other is Lauzon. Does anyone have any experience
with these brands?

Have you looked at bamboo? We decided to go that way last year
when we replaced vinyl last year. It kinda looks like TnG hardwood
but is easier to install and much cheaper ($2.77 sq.ft.). This is
the stuff we used (sorry for the splits):

http://www.diyflooring.com/item_334497/bamboo-
flooring/envirochoice-bamboo-flooring/envirochoice-solid-bamboo-
6-/6-vertical-carbonized-medium.html