Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics
Andy

Default Is my LT44 transformer suitable for audio (de)coupling?

On 25 Apr 2006, Dave Plowman wrote:

600- 600 ohm transformers are used on balanced pro equipment. Or
more likely once were in valve days. Most balanced audio these days
is low impedance out high in - same as domestic.

Ground isolating transformers these days will be usually 10k in and
out.

Wow, now that's got me confused!

I am not using old tube equipment and I'm not using pro stuff either.
Instead of 600-600 ohm, you seem to be saying that I need 10K-10K ohm.

Can you or someone else explain this a little please.

10K-10K seems very different from the 600-600 which I was about to get!