Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,rec.video.desktop,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
Phil Weldon

Default Can one "overclock" a CRT monitor's video input bandwidth? Need slightly higher refresh rate than my existng CRT allows...

'Richard Crowley' wrote:
| No. Not this kind of discussion. Televiaion (NTSC,
| PAL, etc.) is actually much *lower* bandwidth than
| most computer monitors.

Would you have the rec.video.desktop newsgroup exclude discussion of digital
cameras?
How about DGI?
Keep in mind that with a digital train, NTSC or PAL NEVER exist except for
possible display on an analog NTSC or PAL monitor.
And the monitors used for the kind of editing discussed in the newsgroup are
NEVER NTSC or PAL.
And NTSC, PAL, SECAM, and variants are being marginalized with the advent of
High Definition TV.

Phil Weldon