Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tektronix 485: How to get to vertical attenuator?

Is there any way for me to get to the attenuator circuitry without more
serious dismantling? I downloaded a copy of the service manual but it
didn't help much.

Best,

- Cesar

You pull out the entire atten. module,not just the top PCB.

After removing the atten knob,there's a nut on a bushing that must be
removed. Then there's a screw on the rear side to be removed,and a hex-
nut/spacer in between the two atten assemblies,on that "T" bracket. Then
you have to pull the Peltola cables out from their jacks,then the harmonica
connector.Then the atten module tilts out.

The serivce manual has the procedure in it.Maybe your 'copy' omitted it.

Thanks! I'll try that tonight. The service manual I got from the
downloadable manuals at

http://bama.sbc.edu/tektroni.htm

Maybe it's missing something...

Best,