Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L

Default building a shed

Kris Dawson wrote:
Hi.

Can anyone put me on too a website or have a link for free shed
building plans? i want too build a 10x8ft shed in my back garden...
i have looked on ebay and purchased a cd guide? but it still has not
arrived...

What type of shed do you want?
I have just finished a 21ft by 12ft workshop / shed.
It is breeze block construction on a concrete pad which is 4inches thick on
the floor and 8inches thick at the edges for the walls, which are 9ft at one
side and 7'6" at the other.
The roof consists of 12 lengths of 6X2 timber with 20mm OSB board on top and
finished with torch-on roofing felt.
One non-opening window.
Two double doors
Gutters, electrics and redering and tyrolean finish on the exterior.

Materials = £2500
Labour = 2 men for 7 days = £???? :-p

OTOH you can buy a self assembly one from B&Q for about £90, which would be
full if you hung up a pair of hedge clippers.

There are no limits on the amount you can spend, nor on the design you want,
materials you want it built from, how secure you want it or how long you are
expecting it to last, you've got to decide these before you do anything.