Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar

Default Overflow pipe dripping

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Colin Bignell wrote

Bending the arm is not now permitted.

Says who? And how would they find out?

If you bend the arm, it ceases to be of 'appropriate quality or standard'
for the purposes of Regulation 4 of the Water Supply (Water Fittings)
Regulations 1999. The approved method is either to fit a valve with adequate
adjustment, or to use an adjustable drop arm, which screws on in place of
the ball and has the ball attached to it. However, you would not have room
to fit a drop arm in a WC cistern, as they stick out at right angles to the
main arm. I supply drop arms up to 3/4" diameter and I suspect that bending
those is not an option anyway.

Colin Bignell