Posted to alt.home.repair
Cliff Hartle

Default tire inflaction with a compressor

I always check with a tire gauge and then just goto what ever the inflator
gauge reads.

I had a cheap 12 v inflator that I marked the gauge to give me the correct
setting.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Cliff Hartle" wrote in message
This has been bugging me for awhile.

If I fill a tire with a small pancake (I think its 4 gallons) compressor
can I just set the regulartor to the pressure that I want and it will
"stop" when it hits that pressure or will it explode the tire?

I have a real inflator with a built in dial gauge now, but I always
thought that I could do it this way.

I've never seen a gauge on any inflation device that could be trusted.
They *always* seem to read differently from separate gauges.