Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

Default ripping harwood/ blade wander

"mark" wrote in message
I find when ripping 1"kiln dried birch my blade does a bit of wandering. I
tried a 36 tooth flat tooth for ripping and a 40 tooth atb for comparison
and they both do it. Both blade a sharp. Is this normal, would blade
stabilizers help prevent this? Does not do it with pine.

Even cheap, thin blades should not wander. Wobble maybe but wander? Review
your ripping technique. DAGS - Check your blade - fence alignment. Get a
good quality ripping blade.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com