Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

Default ripping harwood/ blade wander

"Leon" wrote in message
. net...

"mark" wrote in message
I find when ripping 1"kiln dried birch my blade does a bit of wandering. I
tried a 36 tooth flat tooth for ripping and a 40 tooth atb for comparison
and they both do it. Both blade a sharp. Is this normal, would blade
stabilizers help prevent this? Does not do it with pine.

If you are using a thin kerf blade consider stabilizers. Is the board
flat? Are you using feather boards in front of the blade? Is the fence
parallel to the blade?

Are you sure that it is the blades? If both blades wobble would check to
make sure that it isn't the saw. Have you given the saw a tune-up?