Posted to rec.woodworking
mark

Default cedar v.s. pine clapboards

I recently built a house and was going to go with wood siding but did not
want the maintenance. I went with this product and although it has only been
a year I am 100% happy so far.
http://www.lpcorp.com/lpsidingproduc...pscanexel.aspx

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
ink.net...

"remuddler" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks to all for the replies. The house is painted, so stain and
matching are not a problem. If we go with the pine I will be sure the
backs and ends of the boards are well primed. I know nothing about
Hardiplank - I will do some research. John, did you use the Hardiplank
on your whole house? We will also be doing a major kitchen/bath
addition in the next year or so and you have given me food for thought
on replacing the entire shell.

I did replace the entire house with Hardiplank. Compared to the prospect
of scraping the whole house, repairing damaged areas and rebuilding the
windows, ripping the siding off, installing new windows and residing was a
pleasure! ;~)

John