Mike Patterson

Default The Dubya's Steel tariffs declaired illegal

You seemed to be singling the USA out as an especially evil offender,
which is a popular pastime among those who have never cracked a
history book and/or turn a blind eye to the rest of the world. It
isn't any worse than any other nation, in my opinion, which is NOT to
say it's saintly, either.

I didn't see in your quoted text where anyone said the USA was not
using energy and resources.

I did see in your quoted text where Ed Huntress said the USA isn't a
sink hole for Canadian goods, which you then appeared to use as a
jumping-off point for an unrelated jab at the USA's use of energy and
resources.

Maybe you didn't quote the part you were actually addressing? Or I
missed something else altogether? Or you were just venting a little
bile and were called on it?

Mike

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:22:29 -0500, Paul Armstrong
wrote:

Mike Patterson wrote:

Which statement applies to every nation (and damned near every human)
on earth, past and present.

Some more then others, but yes.

Your point is?

One man said the US was not. I said it was. It is and you agreed.

Your point is?

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:02:08 -0500, Paul Armstrong
wrote:

Actually the US is a sink hole (as you put it) for all the energy and raw resources
they can get their hands on.

Bray Haven wrote:

We aren't a sink-hole for your products, Randy. If you want unfettered
trade, then the thing we have to achieve first is *balanced* trade.

Ed Huntress

I'm curious as to how you can "achieve" balanced trade. Certainly not with
protectionist tarriffs that almost never help(usually hurt). Trade is (or
should be) a free mkt process. and a "balance" would simply be coincidental if
it were achieved without interference. I know there's allegations of dumping
and subsidizing industries that supposedly provide unfair competition etc. but
those allegations will always be there. The days when we could manipulate any
major markets are long gone and getting more so, as more countries come on line
with all the same stuff we try to market. we may as well get used to it and
try some American ingenuity rather than tarrifs to be more competitive.
Greg Sefton

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

The questions isn't "are there weapons of mass destruction?",
the question is "who has them now?"

http://www.strategypage.com/iraqwar/...ny/default.asp
http://www.strategypage.com/iraqwar/iraqweaponsgap.asp