Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Overflow pipe dripping

In article . com,
wrote:
Thanks. Its a low level cistern. The water is at the same level as
the top of the overflow pipe. Water was very slowly trickling in from
the valve at the other end of the ballcock end so I've adjusted it as
suggested.

I'll give it a day or so and check that the dripping has stopped.

If it has a torbeck valve - a small all plastic device where the plastic
float can be adjusted by moving it to different notches on the arm - they
have a filter which can become blocked and sometimes the crud in a hard
water area just makes them give up. Cleaning doesn't always work. Cheap in
the sheds and easy to replace, though.

--
*I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.