Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Default Surveyors - don't you love them !

Hzatph wrote:

Just to put the opposite point of view, we have had excellent value from the
survey of our Victorian House. I did shop around for a surveyor based on
experience and he did a good job despite the usual caveats. It enabled us to
reduce the price by many multiples of his fee, probably over 20. Good value.

No, you are simply believing the ludicrous marketing touted by surveyors
and their ilk, and convincing yourself that it was money well spent.

If the vendor were willing to accept £xxx off the asking price, they
would have accepted this regardless of the survey. If they were not, no
survey results in the world would make a difference.

--
Grunff