Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

Default vinyl replacement windows

"Wendy" wrote in message
oups.com...

I am replacing the windows in my 30 plus year old townhouse. It is a
small job because it only has 3 windows total. Also, due to home owner
covenants I am required to get windows that are brown on the
outside.They are also large windows - one is 5 ft by 6 ft and the
other two are 5 ft by 4 ft.

I started calling companies on a list provided by Reston Assoc of
companies that do the right type of windows in brown. I got an
estimate
from Great View Windows, the contractor they sent was from Capital
Remodeling. I thought the estimate was high, $2500 (that was after a
"discount" for using my home in their advertising - apparently a
common
come-on). The windows are "Double Diamond Series" sliders with low-e
and argon gas.

Can anyone let me know what range I might expect for a fair price for
this job? Thanks for any advice!

Unless a reader is in your area no one can provide any reliable information.

Other than to say you should get more estimates.

Does that sound high to me? YES.

--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.