Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Buzzing Outlet

Pat wrote:
I have a outlet (standard 3 prong household, not gfci) that makes a low
tone buzz when in use. Currently the stereo and TV are plugged in to
it. With the stereo on the buzz (more like a humm) is very faint, but
with the TV on it is very noticable. I replaced the outlet but the
noise is still there. What else can I do to eliminate the buzz?

How old is your home. IT could be aluminum wire going bad or maybe just
an bad connection. Aluminum wire is a special problem and if you have that
you may have more than one problem. If it is newer home it will be copper
wire and it still could be the connection to the outlet, especially if it is
a back stab design where the wires are just stuck in the back and now
screwed down on the side.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit