Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Rich Grise

Default How to stop Piracy?

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:27:39 -0500, John Fields wrote:

It's easy. I'll tell you where your anus will be one year from
today, today, and if you go and look for it a year from now and it's
precisely where I said it would be you'll know I was right.

Still, It's _my_ method. I own it, and unless I choose to share it,
for whatever reason, it will go with me to the grave.

Ah, but if I can make the same prediction, using my own method, even
if the method duplicates your own, if you haven't disclosed it, then
it's mine as well, wouldn't you say? Which is why they have all these
copyright laws and what-not?

As a matter of fact, I have a real-life story about something very much
like this. It was one of the semi-finals or finals in some foo-foo college
class, and there was a big flap that someone had cheated because these two
students' answer sheets were so similar. After investigating, they
couldn't find any evidence that either had cheated - this was a lecture
class of about 300, and they were essentially sitting in opposite corners
of the auditorium - they just, coincidentally, happened to come up with
exactly the same answers. I think the thing that made the authorities so
suspicious was that it was an essay test. =:-O

But, whoever gets it to market first wins, right? ;-)

(BTW, I can also predict the position of people's ani, barring disaster
(pun initially unintended, but I'm leaving it in. %-D )

Thanks!
Rich