Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Ballpark figure

In article ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
I can buy a framed mirror that I can see the whole of myself in,
for about £20 here in NZ. I can't believe UK prices.

It's called VAT(Value Added Tax). :-( a two ounce pkt of tobacco in
france or any othe european country outside the uk is about 2.25GBP(if
that?) in the UK it's 10.50GBP...hows that for gov ripping us off.

VAT is 'only' 17.5% and european countries all have it anyway. Tobacco and
fuel in the UK have a 'special' tax called duty.

--
*One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.