Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

Default How does an electric meter work?

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:49:56 GMT, (Beachcomber)
wrote:

On 24 Apr 2006 09:58:46 -0700,
wrote:

I would look into power factor correction first.

Are you sure you want to mess with your power company based on some
dubious claim from some website that this is "legal"?

The Power Companies take theft of service very seriously and rest
assured that if you device does what it claims to do, you could set
yourself up for serious problems. At the very least, they can afford
better lawyers then you.

BTW, most of the mechanical electric meters that I have seen don't
even have a connection to the neutral.

Beachcomber

I've been good at recognizing BS at least since the age of 5, and this
product smells like it. Also, I think a meter designed to recognize
and use the line with the HIGHEST current would be a lot more
complicated than one that responded to the total.

A claim of ONLY 3% savings is good enough if people still buy the
thing and would attract those who wouldn't believe 50%.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com