Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default unhappy with Cardell kitchen cabinets

wrote in message

When the cabinets were
installed the carpenter split the frames on 3 cabinets when screwing
the lower cabinets to the upper cabinets from improper pilot holes, or
lack of. I had to firmly insist to the builder I wanted the cabinets
with split frames replaced as he wanted to put a piece of trim over the
split, stating I wouldn't ever see the cracks. I firmly insisted I did
not buy scratch and dent cabinets and wanted the split cabinets
replaced. He reluctantly agreed.

Problem is with builder, not the cabinet company. OK, resolved so let's
move on.

The store rep came to the house to
show him
the doors and drawer fronts that were bad, he said we had to meet with
the Cardell rep as we did have obvious issues. The store rep told us
there will be imperfections as these are not custom cabinets, they are
"Chevy" quality cabinets.

BS. A Chevy still looks pretty good out of the showroom. Wood does have
variations in grain, color, but dents, splits, cracks are out of the
question.