Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ken Finney

Default Why is this like that?

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message
Dave Hinz wrote:
On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:35:37 +0000, Christopher Tidy
wrote:

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

The only people buying Crown Victorias and Town Cars are limousine
companies, police and sheriff's departments and octogenarian retirees
that want BIG.

I thought every American wanted BIG?

Not true; I doubt that it ever was. But by all means, don't let that
stop you.

It's no doubt a cariacature we enjoy here in England. As I mentioned, I
saw only a small number of Town Cars last time I was in the US. But it's a
cariacature we have some affection for. People here wish our fuel was as
cheap as yours, even if yours is slowly rising.

What Americans do want is choice: and if they want to buy big, they want to
be able to!

In Europe, a hundred miles is a long distance, in the US, a hundred years is
a long time. Taking the family to go visit the grandparents who live 400
miles away is hard enough in a Town Car, I'd hate to do it in a Mini!

Remember why your fuel is as expensive as it is! Americans will slowly
adapt to biodiesel and ethanol, and our fuel prices will come back down.