Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default Hole Cutter?

"Robin S." wrote in message
snip-----

I don't think grabbing would be a huge issue, especially while using the
quill powerfeed at such a low number. Also, grinding a tool with neutral

as
opposed to positive rake, and very little front clearance would
reduce/eliminate the risk of grabbing.

Give that man a cigar!

Not only will rake and clearance control hogging, it will also strengthen
the tool because less metal is removed. It's also important to provide
minimal side clearances, which helps maintain the strength of what is, for
all practical purposes, a skewed parting tool. If I can get one to hold up
for cutting steel by hand, there's no doubt others can do it in aluminum.

Harold