Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Low energy lamps in security lights

"Owain" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
But he's a man.
Nothing wrong with being of the male persuasion.

Nothing at all. But many of them do seem to have inconsistent thinking -

That's good, coming from a woman!

not you IME.

Ditto

Our house is one of the few in this street which hasn't a burglar alarm,
many prominently displayed.
Our house is one of the few in this street which hasn't been burgled.

That, Mary, is because your house is one of the few in the street -
probably in the land - where the bin lorry doesn't collect, it delivers.
Empty jam-jars?

We generate our own, but they're honey jars :-)

Scrap iron?

We generate our own ...

Anything that can be unpicked/unravelled/reused/recycled? The Fishers will
take it, if they haven't already got it, which by now they probably have.

Yes.

(In the nicest possible way, of course.)

Of course :-)

I think (I've said it before ad nauseam) that the local lads will know
what's in this house and don't want it, it's not easily sellable.

Which is what you said in another way :-

That's not to say that there's nothing 'valuable'. But even if we lost those
few things (which aren't easily recogniseable as valuable) our reaction
would be to say that the loss will stop family arguments when we're dead :-)

Mary

Owain