Ed Huntress

Default The Dubya's Steel tariffs declaired illegal

"Paul Armstrong" wrote in message
Actually the US is a sink hole (as you put it) for all the energy and raw

resources
they can get their hands on.

That's why we're the most productive and efficient producers in the world,
according to the World Bank. g

Unlike most of the developed world, our energy and materials markets aren't
taxed to high heaven by governments that use energy taxes to fund social
programs. That's the free market for you, eh? You ought to try it. Then
maybe your per-capita, purchasing-poower-parity GDP (US$29,400 for 2002)
might edge its way up to something like, say, Norway (US$31,800) or Ireland
($30,500).

Ed Huntress