Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

Default looking for cheap cooling suggestions

"aharbour" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi
I am thinking of running a vaccum air pump to take the cool air in my
basement and take
the air into my bedroom. This would be quite easy for me to do since
there is a channel in my attic running vertically down to the basement.
All i would then have to do is place a vent in my bedroom ceiling.

Why not use a blower to move cold basement air upstairs? Vaccum air pump?

Can anyone confirm that this works (it seems logical that it would) and
suggest the type of pump and piping to use as well as some king of
thermostatically controlled power strip.

If it does work, why is this method not standardly installed with
central A/C ? My AC has a fan that only circulates air in the same
zones.

Do you have more than one A/C? How does it avoid mixing the air from
various areas?

Taking this vacuum idea further, if I run a looped length of metal
piping (has to be a good heat conductor) a few feet undergroud in my
backyard and pump hot house air through it, would it come back
considerably cooler?

Yes, but unless the pipe was pretty deep and extensive, and the volume was
large, you wouldn't lose enough heat to matter.

This a troll? Vacuum pumps, pipes in the ground...