Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default Odd size laminate countertop

I really think it would be worth the time (and gasoline) to drive quite a
distance to get exactly what you want. Divide the expense by the number of
years of enjoyment you'll get from the countertop and a classy looking
kitchen, and it'll seem like a very small investment.

"Texas Yankee" wrote in message
I guess the reason I posted is because my limited experience with buying
stuff like countertops is to go to one of the big box stores and get an
estimate and pay someone to do the work - there aren't too many reliable
independent remodeling folks that I can find here in my locale - I have no
idea about how to contact the companies that actually make the countertops,
but I don't imagine that they'll sell to individuals - my expertise is with
business software, and people pay me to handle that for them - stuff that I
don't know about, I pay people to do it - if I can find someone - at any
rate, if you felt that my question wasn't up to standards, you have my
apology sir.

To those of you that offerred an answer without the sarcasm - thanks!

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Texas Yankee" wrote in message
I'm having a hard time finding a source for a laminate countertop (more
like an island, really) - the dimensions are 76 x 48 - I'd like to avoid
any seams - there will be a sink, too. My budget can't accommodate
granite or solid surface. Any suggestions? THANKS!

Here's a crazy idea. Call a place that makes countertops. Radical, I
know, but you will be successful in your quest if you do this.