Posted to rec.motorcycles,rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Goncz

Default FS: Stainless M6 Square Battery Nuts

I had a devil of a time finding these. My local shop, Coleman
Powersports of Falls Church, supplied four M6 hex/Phillips head screws
and four _nearly useless_ hex nuts. When you toruqe the hex nuts
gently, they rotate in the lead channel and rub a groove into the lead,
preventing further tightening.

I bought a bag of 100 from Scott at Maryland Metrics. The square nuts
dont' rotate! (Use them finished side UP) They are 10 mm square, same
width as a hex nut, but fit better. More suited to the task. They are
the thick version, in stainless.

Let me know by email to , Subject: M6 Square Nuts ...

if you would like some, or would like to take the remaining lot of 96
or so at a fair price.

I like to cram a cigarette butt under the nuts to keep them from
falling into the works.

I don't think this would do well on ebay. Do you?

Doug Goncz
Replikon Research
Falls Church, VA 22044-0394
That's DGoncz (at) aol (dot) com....