Dave Liquorice

Default Moving a Lightswitch - Cavity Wall

On 2 Sep 2003 12:18:12 -0700, John Prentice wrote:

I've already considered: (a) cutting open the wall and replastering,
(b) installing a pull-cord from the ceiling instead, and (c)
trunking on the face of the wall, but none of these sounds very
attractive.

I may have a similar problem when I come to move a bedroom light
switch, well actually separate the bedroom light from the hall light
but the problem of possible noggins in the stud wall is the same.

I'll go (a). No need to make a big hole. Work out where the noggin is
and drill through the plasterboard at a shallow angle and continue
through the noggin. A 1/2 to 3/4" hole is easy to fill with a bit of
stiff polyfilla.

\
\\
\