Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Boulter

Default Jury Rigging a Cement Floor

wrote on 23 Apr 2006:

My home is a philadelphia twin with only a four foot thick strip
of grass between me and my neighbor. There is a paved sidewalk
directly against my house that extends a few feet, so I know
that runoff isn't an issue.

Hmmmm, what about your neighbor's gutters?

Seriously, if a lot of water (from a heavy rain or from gutters) is
coming down in that 4' strip, it's going to go somewhere, and if
it's landing on your paved sidewalk and flowing to your neighbor's
house, it may be coming back at you once it gets into the ground.
Might be worthwhile to stand outside and watch things the next good
rain you get.

The good news is that if you ever decide to fix things from the
outside, you only have one side of the house to dig up, and it
sounds as if you could get a Bobcat in there if you're careful.

--
Doug Boulter

To reply by e-mail, remove the obvious word from the e-mail address