Gunner

Default The Dubya's Steel tariffs declaired illegal

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:47:03 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Tavoni & Richard" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:00:21 -0500, Glenn Ashmore
wrote:

I heard on the news this AM that the WTO issued a final ruling that
declared the steel import tariff illegal and clears the way for other
countries to add almost any retaliatory tariff they want on any US
products. This is going to put the Dubya's tush in a crack again. If
he repeals it he gets the steel states upset and if he keeps it everyone
else gets ****ed.

The WTO may have declared it illegal, but it dont mean poop until
SCOTUS has made its decision. And its going before SCOTUS now.

I'm not with you on this, Gunner. What is it that's going before the Supreme
Court? What's the issue they're deciding, in other words?

Ed Huntress

As I recall it..the legality of whether or not Bush could set
that steel tarrif all by his lonesome. Its been in the papers out here
in the hinterlands.

Gunner

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus
ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.