Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tom Storey

Default Seasoned Burls

I have an opportunity to buy a large number of seasoned burls; cedar, maple,
pine, hemlock etc. from a few inches to a few feet in diameter. Apparently
they are 'well' seasoned. As we all know, burls are not that easy to come by
and I'm inclined to stock up but...I'm not that knowledgeable about burls
and I don't want to wind up with a lot of old fire wood. I don't have a
fireplace. I know big cracks and soft areas aren't good. What could be
involved in preparing the burl to turn? Any advice would be appreciated.

--
Tom in Qualicum Beach, BC