Posted to rec.woodworking
Norman D. Crow

Default Band Saw Neebie needs help with resawing

"Scorp" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 17:55:26 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

I've come into the possession of 14" bandsaw. I've installed and tured
new tires, adjusted the guides, ran a tuning stone on the blades. I have
about a 15 degree drift when I try to resaw a board. This drift is
present with a 1/2" and a 3/8" blade. Can anyone offer a solution?

Try more tension. Make sure it's riding on the wheels properly and
running square to the fence and miter slot.

Solution to drift? Adjust your fence to compensate. Drift is normal.

I'd say a blade with proper tension, tooth set, and sharpening, which
is running square to the fence, should not drift anywhere near 15
degrees! Even a bad blade under reasonable tensions shouldn't be that
bad.

Guess I'm very lucky. When I got my Grizzly G0555 last year, tried it with
the original POS 3/8" blade that came with it, lots of drift. Installed the
riser kit, put on a 3/4" 3TPI blade from Grizzly, and it resaws straight as
can be, perfectly parallel with fence/miter slot, never did have to adjust
for drift. I'm happy!

--
Nahmie
The only road to success is always under construction.